I am a fish lover and I’ve started keeping a large collection of different types of fish, including axolotls.
Since becoming a fish owner and aquarium keeper I have been horrified to discover that Sydney tap water kills all fish, including the notoriously hardy goldfish.
I must heavily treat Sydney tap water to make it liveable for fish, including removing chlorine and ammonia from it.
Is this water that I want to be drinking? I don’t think so. I also break out in a rash every time I shower in Sydney tap water, especially on my face. Showering in filtered water (vitamin C filter) has resolved the problem. I also noticed my overall sense of health and brightness has massively improved after I stopped drinking Sydney tap water.
Careful about what you put in your body ladies and gents! Spring water is a good option, although the ideal h20 is freshly melted glacial water from a mountain stream.